THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Structural Design Engineer
Seeking an Aircraft Structural Design Lead who will be responsible for leading all structural design activities. This position will be located in Reno, NV and report directly to the Structures Manager.
Qualifications: • Build and Lead all parts of Aircraft Structural Design organization
• Strong knowledge and understanding of latest structural design as well as manufacturing trends in the Aerospace industry
• Previous experience with Conceptual design is a must.
• Analyzes the applicability of new and emerging technologies and advanced techniques.
• Serve as the primary design focal between company program, Tier 1 supplier and regulatory authorities
• Thorough understanding of the structural design requirements for Part 25 certification
• Provide technical leadership in design and development of the preliminary structures layout that meets weight, cost, manufacturability and certification requirements
• Develop schedule, cost and supplier management milestones
• Support new business development, trade studies and proposal activities.
• Support the structures team in development of the PSP, PSCP, issue papers, and other certification documents.
• Support technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
Client places a premium on problem-solving abilities and innovative thinking.
Requirements: • Must be either a US citizen, a US permanent resident (a “US Person”) or a Canadian citizen.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Master’s Degree strongly preferred
• 12+ years of experience in performing design of large aerospace structures.
• 3+ years of leadership experience on the aircraft development program
• Knowledge of the conceptual and preliminary design phases of aircraft development is strongly preferred
• Must have demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Experienced in dealing with and influencing internal and external stakeholders
• Highly self-motivated with a strong bias for action, and excellent problem-solving skills across multi-disciplinary skill sets
DOE but competitve
PRECISION PERSONNEL INC
600 CLEVELAND ST STE 700
CLEARWATER, FL 33755