THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Sr. Machine Tool Software Engineer
Sr. Machine Tool Software Engineer
My client is looking for Sr. Machine Tool Software Engineer. This is a contract position. Location is Kent, WA.
This is for a Sr. Software Engineer to develop custom software to control machine tools used to build rockets. Because of the unique nature of this position, you will work across multiple disciplines and face some interesting challenges.
For the right person, this job will be challenging, demanding, rewarding and a lot of fun!
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for working closely with design and development engineers to support all software and control efforts related to building custom manufacturing process machine tools.
My client is seeking to fill a position for a Senior Software Engineer to participate in the development and support of both high and low level software as it relates to control, programming, and operation of novel custom machinery and processes in support of our mission of getting millions of people living and working in space.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
The software engineer who fills this role must be an experienced C++ software developer with a history of working across several interrelated domains including the following:
• Use and/or development of geometry-based libraries and algorithms
• Use and/or development of 2D and 3D visualization libraries
• Toolpath generation and visualization for multi-axis machine tools
• Development of real-time and multi-threaded software
• Communications over sockets, streams, serial ports, or other serial interfaces
• Interface to motion controllers and/or PLCs
• GUI-based user interface development
• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Strength or experience in the following areas will also be highly valued due to the cross-functional structure of the team:
• Motion control and system dynamics
• Brushless motors, encoders, and galvo systems
• Signal processing and data analysis
• Laser systems and optics
• Metrology, calibration, and error mapping/correction
• PLCs and field bus systems
• Electronics / Mechatronics
This is a really cool position at a very exciting company!
The location is Kent, WA.
The rate is open. The duration is 11+ months.
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. You must pass a background check and drug screen.
If you are interested in this position, please send me your current resume, desired rate, and the best time and way to reach you.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not interested, please feel free to send this to anyone you feel would be qualified as I pay for referrals whether you work for me or not. Thanks for your help!
PRODUCTIVE DATA SOLUTIONS INC
6870 W 52ND AVE STE 107
ARVADA, CO 80002