Provides intermediate level engineering drawings related to mechanical systems in support of VIP aircraft completions.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide intermediate level design and analysis of mechanical systems and components in support aircraft interior completions and avionics upgrades (STC projects).
2. Prepare mechanical system reports and drawings.
3. Develop mechanical system modifications and installation work instructions, procedures and recommendations.
4. Knowledge of one or more of the following aircraft utility systems: Air condition, ventilation, equipment cooling, fire/smoke detection, water/waste (potable water, gray water and vacuum waste), oxygen, bleed air.
5. Familiar with trending and analysis of SB’s, AD’s, writing EO’s.
6. Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with drawings and works toward corrective action.
7. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve moderate to complex issues.
8. Maintains developing awareness of FAA regulations and required compliance of FARs, ADs, SBs.
9. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion aircraft requirements.
10. Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in mechanical systems engineering.
11. Moderate level of supervision, follows most established procedures and methods.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Systems Engineering or comparable.
2. 2 – 4 years of experience in Aviation Mechanical Systems Engineering or equivalent.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must have SolidWorks experience.
2. Aviation background and mechanical systems experience preferred.
3. Working knowledge of industry mechanical systems and documentation standards.
4. Experience with mechanical systems and components.
5. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
6. Strong time-management and organizational skills.
The Structures Company is an AA/EOE.
STRUCTURES COMPANY LLC
P O BOX 2278
SEAL BEACH, CA 90740