THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Mechanical Systems Engineer, Service Engineering (Weekend Shift)
Inconen is looking for a Mechanical Systems Engineer for our client, a well-known Aerospace Company, in Savannah, GA.
The following unique skills are required:
1) A fundamental understanding of aircraft design and construction principles.
2) The ability to effectively work with and support a multi-discipline team of engineers, mechanics, technicians, Quality Control, upper management, etc.
3) Experience using computer aided design tools such as CCD, CATIA V4 & V5, AutoCAD, or similar in design of aircraft structures.
4) Strong technical skills with mechanical systems.
The following are preferred skills:
1) Gulfstream engineering experience, e.g. G650, G500, G600.
2) Experience with Structural Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Aircraft Maintenance Manuals.
3) Aircraft landing gear experience.
4) Flexibility to move quickly from one assignment to the next and the ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
5) Practical hands on aircraft repair experience and problem solving.
6) Familiarity with Airworthiness Authority regulations and showing compliance to such regulations with repairs and rework instructions in a post-production repair station environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical related curriculum applicable to the respective job position required.
2. 10 years in specific technical discipline or 15 years broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors.
3. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 years for Masters and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job.
1. Guides successful completion of major engineering programs or conceives research in areas of considerable scope and complexity supporting the development and production of company products and services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Selects appropriate methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to resolve complex engineering issues.
2. Is consulted extensively by associates and others as a recognized authority within the field.
3. Anticipates and resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways, developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
4. Approach to problem solving balances technical product, cost and schedule.
5. Works without appreciable direction; work is reviewed from a long-range perspective for desired results.
6. Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments, and makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative.
1. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Advanced degree in engineering, or related curriculum preferred.
2. The level of technical skill and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline.
$65.00 - $68.00/HR
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230