PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Mechanical Technician 4 position located in El Segundo, CA.
- Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development of mechanical and electromechanical engineering designs, tests, fabrications, modifications, assemblies and components.
- Drafts detailed drawings for fabrication.
- Devices, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Sets up and tests complete prototype units and subassemblies under operational conditions.
- Analyzes data and recommends modifications to components or test procedure to meet desired specifications.
- Working with engineers and senior technicians to disassemble high time F-18 Fuselage for service life assessment program (SLAP) & service life extension program (SLEP).
- Using hand tools remove identified aircraft parts and fasteners without damaging part or fastener hole.
- Individual skill level and quality of workmanship on part and fastener removal is critical as is timeliness.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D Required in addition to minimum of 20 years of aircraft assembly/disassembly.
- takes direction well and can work well in a high paced team environment
- Read blueprints as well as technical documents.
- Skilled use of hand tools to remove numerous types of Hi-Loks, Rivets and bolts, etc without damaging the substructure.
- Extensive experience working with metal and composite airframe components.
- Experience on SLAP / SLEP effort.
- Previous F-18 experience desired.