PDS TECH is looking for a FAST TECH to work out of Denver, CO
*** This person will be station in the Denver, Colorado area ***
Must be able to pass a DOT medical exam and meet all of the qualifications to operate large vehicles. Would prefer FAA, A & P Certificate, FCC license, or NCAT certification required.
Valid Driver's License required.
Ability to obtain Passport as international travel is a requirement.
Must be available on an on-call basis 24 hours a day 7 days a week, with the ability to be on site or dispatched on the FAST aircraft or vehicle within two hours of the initial contact .
Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, scheduling, FAST flight crews, Tech Ops, business office, vendors, Warranty, Field Service Reps and Hangar Ops.
Performs required AOG maintenance and necessary servicing of all aircraft mechanical and avionics systems.
Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and consistently to perform assigned maintenance and avionics tasks within the quoted or standard CMP time with little or no supervision.
Education and Experience Requirements:
HS diploma/GED. FAA A & P Certificate, FCC license, or NCAT certification required. Valid Drivers License required. Ability to obtain Passport. 8 years combined experience in inspection, maintenance or servicing of large/mid-size acft
Independently performs a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions on AOG aircraft on road trips and in the Product Support org.
Duties include adv troubleshooting, removal and installations of airframes, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, control systems and any other maintenance requirements to assure conformance to procedures, performances, and test specs on customer live in-service aircraft. Supports the customer in diagnosing and resolving technical problems with the aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must be available on an on-call basis, with the ability to be on site or dispatched on the FAST aircraft within two hours of the initial contact .
Must be able to communicate effectively with the customer, scheduling, FAST flight crews, Tech Ops, business office, vendors, Warranty, Field Service Reps and Hangar Ops. Acts as the single point of contact between our client and the customer to correctly relay the aircraft schedule and return to service expectations.
2. Performs required AOG maintenance and necessary servicing of all aircraft mechanical and avionics systems. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and consistently to perform assigned maintenance and avionics tasks within the quoted or std CMP time with little or no supervision.
3. Complies with adv troubleshooting techniques for all model aircraft with assistance from Tech Ops. 4. Orders and receives all tooling and matls needed to service the AOG aircraft. Arranges the shipment of all core units and tooling back to client.
5. Coordinates with the Inspection Dept to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and doc requirements. Acts as the delegated Quality rep when assigned on road trips. Properly completes work order sign-offs, logbook entries, shift turnovers, expense reports and all other paper work in a timely manner. Ensures that all work accomplished meets quality stds and specs.
6. Establishes and maintains a professional working relationship with the customer and provides one-on-one direct familiarization briefings with the customer during the road trip.
7. Properly identifies (tags) customer property and equipment. Stores aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
8. Follows SOPs and JSAs/JRAs when operating GSE, such as power supply, hydraulic rigs, nitrogen filler carts, and oxygen service carts. Operates and supervises use of special support equipment used in removal and installations of major components.
9. Coordinates with Line Service and FBO ops to schedule movement of aircraft and assist with movement of aircraft. Also arranges, as needed, for the overhaul or repair of customer property and inspect/operate all interior installations and record discrepancies.
10. Provides regular updates on aircraft status and all customer support activity to Field Service Rep and management.
Additional Functions: 1. Assists in training new employees. 2. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Formal training in product line maintenance procedures and practices preferred to include Flight Safety Maintenance initial training for specific models required to support.
2. Must possess a working knowledge of the company policies and procedures, Repair Station and QC Manual, pertinent process specs, and technical reference matls.
3. Must possess a strong grasp of all aircraft avionics and mechanical systems and how they are related. Must possess the ability and understanding to comply with all system checkouts on an in-service aircraft.