|PDS is seeking a RS Upholstery Tech Sr for an open position in Savannah, GA|
Work independently to design, fabricate, and install upholstery and trim items in aircraft interiors. Assist Shop Lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance and direction to co-workers. Mentor and train other Upholstery Technicians.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate and install seat covers, curtains and various assemblies and subassemblies.
- Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements.
- Sew, fabricate, and install covers for all styles of panels in the aircraft interior while meeting safety, quality, and productivity standards and goals.
- Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Work with design/drawings to cut and install advanced custom design carpets with unique patterns.
- Accept Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conduct safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Comply with and champion Safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensure the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
- Mentor and train lesser skilled technicians and monitor their work to ensure they complete assigned tasks in accordance with required levels of safety, quality and productivity.
- Work with Lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements reduce material cost, cycle time, and labor hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Perform other duties as required.