THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Design Engineer - Composites (Active Secret Clearance REQUIRED)
Job Title: Composite Structural Design Engineer
Location: Clearfield UT
Job Type: W2 - Contract
Duration: 1 Year, could be extended
Clearance: YES, must have last investigation completed within the past 4 years and 6 months
Schedule: 9/80, every other Friday off
Role description & Responsibilities:
• Highly motivated design engineer with experience designing composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to the design of laminates, sandwich structures, and bonded and bolted assemblies.
• Skills should include relationally linked modeling, establishing datum schemes for assemblies, and performing tolerance stackup analysis.
• BS in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years related experience in design engineering function
• Minimum of 6 years of experience with Siemens NX or Catia V5 for component and assembly design
• Experience leading a team of engineers
• Assembly level design including establishment of data schemes and tolerance analysis
• Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
• Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
• Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim
• CAD automation, programming, script writing
• Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility