Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Fuel Tank Explosion Prevention Engineer for the Electro Magnetic Environmental Effects Design Group, Regional Jet Development Project.
The primary work location will be in Nagoya, Japan. However, engineers maybe requested to relocate to Seattle or Moses Lake (Washington State, USA) where aircraft flight testing is performed and may also be requested to travel to systems supplier sites to promote the EWIS/ Fuel Tank Explosion Prevention System contract.
- Basic work scope is to lead the development and finalization of the MRJ T/C design, compliant to all applicable requirements.
- The responsible Project Manager will work the management of EWIS/ Fuel Tank Explosion Prevention. This will include interfacing with all other aircraft functions and engineering teams to coordinate and obtain the approval of any task assigned.
- Contributing to the aircraft EWIS/ Fuel Tank Explosion Prevention development and Certification.
- Work as team in a multi-cultural and an international working environments in Japan
Fuel Tank Explosion Prevention
- Have an extensive knowledge and experience in certificates of compliance of 14CER FAR 25.981
- Prepare documentation for certification about explosion proof, including Lightning Protection Test.
- Have an experience in planning a test scenario about explosion proof.
- Have negotiation experience with Authority (FAA/EASA etc).
- Have experience in creating CDCCL (Critical Design Configuration Limitation).
- Have an extensive knowledge about fuel and electric power.
- Have management/negotiation experience with suppliers (UTAS, etc).
-Lightning Direct Effect experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technical Aviation with 10 years. aviation related experience, or
- 10+ years in an aviation engineering organization Aerospace or Aircraft Systems Engineering.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to utilize interpersonal and communication techniques, working in a team environment, dealing with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Ability to identify potential issues with machinery development, manufacturing processes or parts.
- Needs the ability to develop, plan and implement short and long term goal.
- Ability to adapt to change.