This engineering product configuration position requires the following requirements and experience.
As a member of the Product Configuration department, you should have knowledge in Engineering Database systems and able to configure customer Bill of Materials (BoM’s) and validate systems in (PLM) prior to sending to the Great Plains MRP system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works closely with Engineers and Purchasing to enter, configure & validate BOMs, Engineering Change orders (ECs) and costing.
• Engineering Database / Product Configuration Management
• New Part/Document generation
• Control Bill of Material down to the component level and maintain approved vendor list (suppliers)
• Drive and facilitate the timely change, approval and release of documentation according to project schedules.
• Perform all aspects of complex engineering changes:
o Bill of material changes
o Document checking and archiving
• Monitor configuration management process effectiveness including the impact of changes.
• Process internal-customer change requests
• Maintain data hub between Engineering, Sales, Program Management, Quality, Purchasing, and Manufacturing