Legacy Engineering, a division of PDS Tech, is seeking candidates for Flight Deck Team Leader, Electrical System Design Group, Engineering Division for the Regional Jet Development Program.
This position is located in Nagoya, Japan.
In this role, you will lead Flight Deck Design, Development and Certification activities, including Human Factors as Group Leader of the Flight Deck team. This will include interfacing with all other aircraft functions engineering teams, Flight Operations Group, Certification Authorities, Suppliers and Customers to coordinate systems information and define pilot task related information and requirements.
The Primary Work Location will be Nagoya, Japan.
Scope of Work
Basic scope of work is to lead the Flight Deck Team through TC and EIS to design, develop and validate the Aircraft Flight Deck design requirements, compliant to all applicable Human Factors regulations for Type Certification (JCAB, FAA, and EASA).
- Efficiently and effectively manage the Flight Deck team, including people management, RAAs, conflict resolution, task prioritization.
- Represent the Flight Deck Group internally and externally as required by Company EMO and PMO.
- Defining Human Factors Evaluation Scope for Engineering Flight Simulator based evaluations.
- Creating Human Factors Evaluation Test Plans (scenario-based tests with Pilot participants – representative of the user population).
- Conduct Human Factor Evaluations, including:
- Managing schedule of tests (coordinate with pilot participants and related personnel).
- Brief and train the test team and participants.
- Conduct Tests.
- Debrief pilot participants, including interviews. Debrief test team as required.
- Analyze the results of the tests and relate these to applicable Human Factors regulations for compliance including Human Error Analysis for showing compliance with 25.1302(d) and/or 25.1309(c).
- Create Human Factors Evaluation Test Reports
- Complete Human Factors regulations compliance reports for certification authorities
- Other activities related to Flight Deck Team responsibilities, such as design review meetings with pilots, systems specialists and program managers.