|Project Engineer with a background in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering with 7 years minimum of experience in Space, Aerospace or Defense. Must have experience leading IPD Teams..|
Must have experience with SAP and understanding or processing hardware in concert with SAP. The Project Engineer will work per the direction of the Program Engineering Manager or designees to assist in team execution to plans. Skills and working knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge required. Facilitate and lead IPD Team with members from all functions.
• Planning, execution, coordination and communication of team activities and commitments
• Coordinate and status all IPD Team activities including requirements generation, development, design (including program planned reviews), procurement, fabrication and test.
• Work with IPD to create hardware development plans, coordinate hardware build effort in both the engineering labs and production labs.
• Ensure targeted goals (schedule and cost) is communicated to the team members • Identify, assess and manage the team’s risks
• Hold/chair/lead weekly team meetings (or at intervals determined by the Program Engineering Manager (PEM) or Cost Account Manager (CAM)) to ensure holistic team effort within authorized scope. Ensure actions are document and driven to closure commitments.
• Perform Estimates to Complete (ETC) updating them progressively to ensure the team meets budgets and avoids scope growth and overruns.
• Meet design and design-to-cost requirements.
• Assist in administering Standard Work for the IPD Team including input of evidence of closure and status for all functions. Individuals are required to be energetic and lead team.
. Notifying the PEM immediately of any potential scope or ETC growth before the work is executed. Assist in defining preliminary parts lists and coordinate decision making on long lead part procurements.
Assist Control Account Managers with EVMS planning, performance, schedule and tracking. Must be comfortable using MS Project scheduling tools and comfortable with discussing performance to budget and creating cost and schedule recovery options and plans.
Assist in creating program directives that define Earned Value Plans.
Status plans and recommend corrective action to the Program Engineering Manager and/or Program Manager Work with operations to fabricate, assemble and test development and qualification and flight hardware.
Coordinate, track and support development and flight hardware build and test. Initiate in scope engineering changes working with all functions to implement approved changes.
Some limited program travel may be required. Overtime up to 12 hrs/week may be authorized