PDS Tech is seeking a candidate for the Material handler Level 1 position located in Spokane, WA.
Supports production through traffic control of direct and occasional miscellaneous materials. This includes waste and recycled scrap metals. Incumbent is required to fully understand and follow the trafficking flow requirements, system and equipment, and follow proper inventory control methods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Perform trafficking functions to coordinate the distribution/accumulation of received merchandise, inventories, wastes, and scrap metals to support production. Includes the breakdown of paperwork for filing and/or distribution to various departments.
- Computer transactions and data entry for inventory control of supplies, metals, waste, and scrap. Verifying customer specifications against material requests. Maintain appropriate communication thru email, phone, and immediate correspondence.
- Control Inventory of direct materials. Basic experience/training with the handling of oils, coolants, and chemicals.
- Maintain paperwork, vehicles, and equipment for the department. Includes record retention of controlled documents and cleanliness of work areas. Some items included are:
Powered Vehicles, Hand Trucks, Forklifts, Push Carts, Scales, Drum Dollies, Pallet Jacks, Computers, Roll-Up Doors, Storage Shelves, Dock Ramps and Restraint Systems, Copy Machine, Garbage Compactor, Hoist, Vertical Storage Unit
- Knowledge and Adherence to Guidelines and Policies established by Safety Procedures or defined thru company Policy and local, state and federal governments. Staying informed and u p-to-date with current practices and procedures. These are to be followed at all times, during job assignments and the use of vehicles and equipment, and the handling/storage of hazardous raw materials and waste disposition.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Microsoft Word, Excel, data entry.
Familiar with basic inventory control methods/procedures.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Previous sit-down forklift experience (2+ years), and the ability to obtain a forklift license. Have a valid and current driver’s license.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Stand; Walk; Sit; Use Hands to finger, handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Climb or balance; Stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; Talk or hear; Taste or Smell; and also constant lifting. Employee should be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
The work environment is loud. Ear protection is available. Exposure to the following environmental conditions exists in this job: Work near moving mechanical parts; Fumes or airborne particles; Toxic or caustic chemicals; Vibration; Outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold/heat; Risk of electrical shock is minimal.