- Design the vehicle structural elements and configurations in concert with other engineering disciplines.
- Design of composite structures with attention towards high production manufacturing.
- Assistance in the development of manufacturing, integration, and test processes and procedures.
- Launch and mission operations support.
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Performs other duties as assigned.
If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- Ability to be onsite full-time for 6+ months or more
- Strong expertise in Finite Element Analysis using industry tools such as FEMAP, NASTRAN, and ANSYS.
- Strong skills in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing drafting skills.
- Knowledge of the design, analysis, fabrication, and test of composite and metallic structures.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
… and you should probably have a bunch of these, too.
- Experience in NX/Teamcenter
- Experience in low cost commercial space system ventures
- Experience with air launched space launch
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
- Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.