PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Financial Analyst with active secret clearance in Hazelwood, MO.
The Staff Accountant under the leadership of the Controller is responsible for the accurate and timely monthly general ledger closing process for the St Louis site and 3 administrative reporting units. The Staff Accountant must be able to work across departments and apply accounting principles, government regulations and company policy to prepare general ledger entries. This position will also be responsible for account reconciliations and analysis, preparation of monthly financial reporting and maintaining the fixed asset records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility and accountability for monthly close, including the preparation and rationalization of journal vouchers, ledgers and financial statements
- Evaluate, and apply internal controls to achieve accurate and efficient accounting systems and compliance with company, professional, and government accounting practices.
- Preparation of monthly general ledger account reconciliations and income tax accruals calculation
- Preparation and/or review of general ledger entries to record business transactions and evaluate to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies
- Maintain fixed asset schedules and record monthly depreciations
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual tax schedules
- Assist with annual physical inventory process
- Train support staff in functional areas of responsibility and on accounting systems.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to safeguard company assets and ensure transactions are recorded properly.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Interpretation and application of accounting and procurement standards and regulations.
- Responds to audit questions related to the accounting system raised by government agencies and other customers.
- Prepares and files excise, property, employment, income and miscellaneous tax returns, reports and claims.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
EVMS background of understanding the various processes (work authorization, scheduling, EACs, budget change requests, etc) with the added expertise of being able to:
Meet with personnel to understand and document process flows
Edit/Write process documentation whether in the form of work/desktop instructions or the System Description itself
Ability to summarize process flows and develop “story boards” so that they are easily explained and understood by those not intimately involved in the process (ie, customers, DCMA auditors, etc).
***Creates and manages the cost/budget/actuals/forecast and works within the accounting systems.
Please send resumes to Sheila Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-524-1496 EXT. 24106
DOD Secret Clearance is required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of applicable work experience. Experience in public accounting and manufacturing experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP accounting
- Working knowledge of Hyperion software preferred.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and is responsible to independently evaluate a broad range of critical decisions and present recommended actions to senior-level management.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Excellent PC skills in Windows Suite
- Capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and process adherence skills
- Ability to manage cross functional project teams
- Unquestioned business ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Excellent PC skills in Windows Suite required.
- Experience with Business Planning Systems
- Prior experience in DoD or Aerospace
- Clearance required: Secret