Supports Manufacturing in evaluating, developing, planning, coordinating, directing and improving manufacturing processes. Facilitates manufacturing process development/improvement with Engineering, Production Control, Contracts, Maintenance, Estimating, Sales, Accounting, Purchasing and other key Arrowhead Products departments. Assigned as cognizant Manufacturing Engineer to department 26 with emphasis on tooling and equipment upgrades and special projects.
- Plans and performs complex manufacturing engineering assignments on a variety of production lines to manufacture Company products.
- Participates in quotation proposals by developing manufacturing concepts in conjunction with interested Company members to establish efficient manufacture of products, in accordance with prescribed engineering, quality and customer requirements.
- Participates in product and process development and design reviews; approves all engineering drawings and provides for smooth transfer into production. Coordinates and advises on establishing ad/or application of methods, material and equipments.
- Provides technical and direct assistance to supervisors on day-to-day operations, making them aware of manufacturing plans and assisting them in achieving optimum results. Cooperates with tool engineering on planning, design, construction or procurement, proofing and release of tooling.
- Expedites, controls and monitors projects throughout all production phases. Conducts failure analysis in conjunction with cognizant Company personnel. Acts as a liaison between supervisors and members of other affected departments. Provides proper communications; obtains views and approvals of interested personnel; assures resolution of problems and taking corrective action to assure smooth production.
- Reviews and approves engineering drawings and documentation prior to release to manufacturing to insure conformance to manufacturing concepts and established practices. Investigates and approves design and process change requests. Participates in review and dispositioning of non-conforming materials.
- Conducts cost analysis for cost control of designated lines of Company products and conducts other special investigations and floor follow up as required.
- Recommends vendors and coordinates on vendor problems related to processing of designated line items.
- Furnishes operational guidance to Manufacturing Engineering and Technicians when assigned.
- Conducts and participates in Lean Manufacturing activities, including 6S and Kaizen events.
- New college grad or 6 yrs exp
- Proficient in interpreting complex engineering, tool and equipment drawings.
- Proficient math and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of metallurgical properties of metals used in aerospace.
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing processes, e.g., assembly, welding, machining, forming, cleaning and inspection including NDT.
- Experience working with aerospace materials, e.g., stainless, nickel, titanium, aluminum, tool steels
- Solid project management skills.
- Experience planning/managing capital expenditures.
- Computer/software proficiency