Telecommunications Engineer - I
|PDS TECH INC. is seeking candidate Telecommunications Engineer - I position located in Plano ,TX|
Define, engineer, and resolve network capacity requirements for Verizon's long haul and metro transport network utilizing high capacity next generation lightwave and wave division multiplexing technologies to meet network services capacity, vulnerability, diversity and growth requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Perform detailed equipment engineering for network augments. This includes developing all of the specifications required for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, issuing purchase orders, creating applicable diagrams/ drawings, and ensuring vendor delivery.
• Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards.
• Develop Bill of Material and place orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements.
• Define cable requirements, create cable running lists, and order all cables.
• Order all spares required based on sparing plan or directed by capacity management.
• Manage, input, and update central Network Inventory Database (i.e. ICON, Nautilus, CoFEE) to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.